2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when selling and buying wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Price rise?

Price rise? 13 years 1 week ago #9726

Does anyone think that due to the tragic nuclear reactor situation in Japan, that ginseng prices will rise considerably this year?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Price rise? 13 years 1 week ago #9737

Not sure - have not heard any talk about that.

Why would that make the price rise ?

Are you thinking that some of their own ginseng crop may be tainted with radiation fallout ?

If so and they are afraid to by locally grown seng - that could push up the price on American ginseng I suppose.

TNhunter

Re:Price rise? 13 years 1 week ago #9738

yeah, that's what was floating around in my head. Prolly won't effect anything but i guess anything could happen.

i feel bad for the people of Japan and what happened with the tsunami. I hope nothing like that happens on our soil.

Re:Price rise? 13 years 1 week ago #9739

Re:Price rise? 13 years 1 week ago #9742

Not too sure about price rising from the Japan calamity, however found something interesting yesterday that definately had a high price.

On a whim, I researched international sources of gensing. Contacted several growers overseas, and they want A Lot Of Money for their seed. $280.-/kilo, and I couldn't be sure wether this was shade-grown, or wild-sim.

I said \"NO thank you\" and stopped after those...

• Page:
Moderators: mikeleelatt
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds

Who's Online

We have 769 guests and no members online

Login