2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2019 Season

2019 Season 4 years 9 months ago #41948

Just wondering if anyone has heard how the market will be this year

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2019 Season 4 years 9 months ago #41949

Haven't heard a word here. Hope it's high went scouting last week found over 100 plants. To some it ain't much but that's a crop around here

2019 Season 4 years 7 months ago #42099

Dry is going for 500$ lb today

2019 Season 4 years 7 months ago #42103

Same around her. Dry 500/pd Green anywhere from 160 to 225 a pound

2019 Season 4 years 6 months ago #42184

Prices creeping up around here. One buyer today quoted me a price of $600-$650 pound for dry.

2019 Season 4 years 5 months ago #42212

I took a load of cans to recycle a couple weeks ago, the recycling place is also the only ginseng buyer in my county. I checked their price and they were paying $275 a pound. Do you think they're trying to rip folks off?

I was thinking with the hot-dry weather there'd be less dug and prices would be higher.

I likely won't dig for a few years but the prices you guys are quoting makes the effort planting and eventually digging less demanding.

2019 Season 4 years 5 months ago #42214

That has to be green price. Everything around here is still 600-650 a pound. I never thought I would’ve believed it but I’m a believer now that the rioting in Hong Kong is having a big effect on the dry price. I would’ve bet money that with the short digging season this year due to the heat and drought that we would’ve seen prices closer to 750-800 pound this year but I don’t think we’re going to see it.

2019 Season 4 years 5 months ago #42218

Jim, I'm pretty sure their price list said "clean and dry" but my aluminum can bin is nearly full, I'll verify late next week hopefully.

By "green", do you mean freshly dug?

2019 Season 4 years 5 months ago #42220

Yes freshly dug with the dirt still on it.

2019 Season 4 years 5 months ago #42231

Took another load of cans in yesterday, the price for clean and dry was up to $400.

I mentioned offhand to the lady behind the window who pays me that the price had creeped up, and that it was over $600 in other states. Her response was "I don't know" and she slid the window shut. I never have liked her customer skills much and will find another place to take my aluminium business to. lol I suspect they under-pay for just about everything.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds

Who's Online

We have 326 guests and no members online

Login