2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: I have learned alot now concerning Moss Guys

I have learned alot now concerning Moss Guys 12 years 4 months ago #16143

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Guys does any one no a Fresh/Green Moss Buyer/Dealer.Someone that buys Moss,I have met someone that buys dry moss,but have not met no one to buy wet moss and im interested in a green buyer ?

If any one knows a buyer,I would appreciate the information,you can send me a e-mail at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or answer me here,

Thank you,
Billy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Moss 12 years 4 months ago #16144

Billy,
Larry Harding ships all his ginseng seed with fresh green moss in the bag typically. He might be interested but not sure.
Latt

Re:Moss 12 years 4 months ago #16146

Billy wrote:

Guys does any one no a Fresh/Green Moss Buyer/Dealer.

Thank you,
Billy.

........billy have you tried any nurseries or landscapers,,i've been on some new home construction jobs where they have planted fresh moss

Re:Moss 12 years 4 months ago #16152

Hey fellas,
Just a quick note. If any of you landscape around your house you can get moss to grow on rocks or other landscape items if you want moss to grow on them. Sounds silly but take a couple handfulls of live moss and put it in a blender with a cup of water and a cup of yogurt and blend it to a slurry. Take the mixture and paint it on anything you want moss to grow on that is in the shade. Most of the time the slurry will grow moss where you paint the slurry mixture.
Latt

Re:Moss 12 years 4 months ago #16153

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Thanks Latt

How do I contact Larry bro ?

That is neat about the moss Latt i sure didnt no that.

Billy.

Latt wrote:

Billy,
Larry Harding ships all his ginseng seed with fresh green moss in the bag typically. He might be interested but not sure.
Latt

Re:Moss 12 years 4 months ago #16154

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Chieftain I had not thank you bro I will look into that.

Re:Moss 12 years 4 months ago #16155

Billy here is the info:

Harding's
Ginseng Farm
P.O. Box 53
Friendsville, MD 21531
301-746-5380

TOLL FREE
1-800-478-5394

Thanks,
Latt

Re:Moss 12 years 4 months ago #16159

latt thats a great tip.heard that slugs :the insect: helps promote growth too.

Re:Moss 12 years 4 months ago #16162

Latt that is wright.You can use milk also with a bean sprayer if the siurry is filterd.

Re:Moss 12 years 4 months ago #16177

Billy, when I was a wanker we cut spagnum moss out of the boreal forest swamps, way up north. We used a chainsaw with a 48 inch blade and cut blocks about 3 foot by 6 foot by 3 foot thick out of the spagnum swamps. Each block about 200 pounds and was carried out on a wooden stretcher type thing by two men.These blocks were like sponges,black tea would pour out of these blocks the whole time. We piled it up to dry in an area were a backhoe could get in. Man that was work, soaking wet in the sun all day and you had to wear canvas pants for protection, 90 plus degrees, horse flies chewin your head all the time and stinkin of old swamp.The buyer told us that the mosss on the bottom of the blocks were a couple hundred years old. The stuff wouldn't rot because of the acidity of the water and the lack of oxygen.
Any way enough of the past, we sold it to a tree nursery that grew the plants in plastic tubes filled with the moss. They were used in reforestation. Tree planting now that is another story, even tougher work depending on location but it was one of the best times of my life.

Hope it helps you out
guy

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Who's Online

We have 261 guests and no members online

Login