2024 Summer/Fall Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Pre-orders accepted for pre-set shipping dates
* Ginseng Rootlets: Pre-orders accepted for fall shipment in October
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Ohio Seng Season 2010

Ohio Seng Season 2010 13 years 8 months ago #5042

Well, I finally got to dig a few plants today. Like last year, it looks like this may be a very short season as I found quite a few yellowing and wilted plants today. I had a pretty decent day considering that I ventured out into unknown territories. I ended up digging 24 bunches of seng and ended up with 8 ounces. I only found 1 4-prong, but probably half of the threes that I dug were over 20 years old. I got to plant quite a few berries today and saw a lot of up and comers.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Ohio Seng Season 2010 13 years 8 months ago #5043

My only 4-prong today.
Attachments:

Re:Ohio Seng Season 2010 13 years 8 months ago #5044

My biggest root today. Found this on a southeast facing slope. Go Figure?
Attachments:

Re:Ohio Seng Season 2010 13 years 8 months ago #5045

Some more yelowing ones!!!
Attachments:

Re:Ohio Seng Season 2010 13 years 8 months ago #5054

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Congrats 5prong on a good open harvest I am glad you took the time to look on that od slope as I refer to the southeast slope :) but seems when it is there it is a good one,maybe folks just dont look there and others get lucky because of that,just a thought,again congrats 5.

Re:Ohio Seng Season 2010 13 years 8 months ago #5060

Good start 5 i see a few nice ones there. I got several yellow plants today too and have seen several the past week while digging seal. Yeah you never know where one will turn up I find some every year that just make you scratch your head leaving the only excuse you can think of (bird ate a berry)

Re:Ohio Seng Season 2010 13 years 8 months ago #5126

Thanks guys. I got out this evening for a very short hunt out a ridge behind a buddies house. Was only in the woods for about an hour and a half and ended up digging 10 bunches. only 1 4prong (or what was left of it) that a deer had partially eaten. I took a pic of a pretty 3prong with my digger laying next to it. The handle on that digger is 11 1/2 inches long. AS you can see from the pics I've still got some nice green ones, but a lot of them are wilting pretty good and before they are really getting yellow. I probably only got about 3 ounces today (I haven't weighed them yet), but hoping for a better day tomorrow. I'm going with a pretty good friend of mine who has never hunted sang. He's picking the spot, so we'll see. I'm just looking foreward to enjoying God's great creation with a good friend and hopefully sharing a little of my knowledge about seng huntin. Good luck to all you guys.
Attachments:

Re:Ohio Seng Season 2010 13 years 8 months ago #5127

Whats left of a decent 4-prong
Attachments:

Re:Ohio Seng Season 2010 13 years 8 months ago #5128

Here's a pretty 3-prong with my digging tool laying beside it.
Attachments:

Re:Ohio Seng Season 2010 13 years 8 months ago #5129

This is what I'm finding the most of. A lot of seng around here is just wilting.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds

Who's Online

We have 218 guests and no members online

Login