2024 Winter/Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: sold out
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Aaaaahhh!

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 6 months ago #32007

Hillhopper wrote:

Tnhunter,
As I type the juice from my fourth is running down my chin lol. You weren't joking, these are awesome!

Hillhopper

Yup. that's a Honeycrisp! They win taste tests all the time. When I go to market with them I always sell more HC's than all the others combined. They are not for a novice to grow though. They take a lot of work and extra fertilization. They need a lot of calcium.... hmm, kinda like some other plant we know! These are some I picked for the market yesterday!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 5 months ago #32353

I've been trying to get back out but it looks like it is not going to happen. Here's the final haul. Not a lot but some very nice old root. Any Vermont buyers interested let me know.
Attachments:

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 5 months ago #32357

That is a display any traditional Chinese doctor would be honored to have. Great digging my friend.

Hillhopper

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 5 months ago #32359

Maya,
I've got to tell you. That display of sang has perfection written all over it.
Good luck when you sell it. Somebody will be a lucky man.

Hugh

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 5 months ago #32412

Thanks guys! Got a few e-mails. Need to figure out the best deal.

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 5 months ago #32413

Wish I had a box of those honey crisp... I am working on a bag of fuji now. Our walmart did not have any HC on my last visit.

Great looking seng on the drying screen Maya. Love how you got all those long fine roots and they are all laid out nicely for drying.

I would hate to take those off the screens and bag them. You might try just laying them out flat in a cardboard box when you to take them to sell.

Our seng here has all turned yellow in the past week. I have a hunt lined up Monday evening and another next Saturday. That may be about all for me this year.

Congrats on some beautiful roots and apples.

TNhunter

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 5 months ago #32513

Thanks TN. We've had a couple frosts, everything has had it.

Next year should be interesting here in Vermont for ginseng. The legal age will go from 5 to 10. It won't effect me but I suspect a lot of guys will not like it. I also wonder if the price goes even higher for a few years. I suspect a lot was dug this year to get under the the 10 year limit next year. So will numbers be short next year? I think the answer will be yes and hopefully the price goes way up.

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 5 months ago #32514

Maya,
I mentioned that I had never tried a Honey Crisp apple before. I had heard so much about them that I just had to give them a try. Saturday morning I picked up some groceries at Wal Mart and I got a few of them. I tried my first one this morning and they are great. Lots of flavor and really tasty. You'll have no trouble selling that variety. Good luck on the sale of the roots.

Hugh

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 5 months ago #32519

Hugh Hartsell wrote:

Maya,
You'll have no trouble selling that variety. Good luck on the sale of the roots.

Hugh

Re-read my previous posts Hugh, I have no problem selling them! They are the #1 eating apple in taste tests routinely. You should try them fresh off the tree. :)

Thanks on the root sales. Hopefully I can get this rapped up soon.

Re:Aaaaahhh! 9 years 5 months ago #32808

I got $1100 per pound!

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Who's Online

We have 307 guests and no members online

Login