2024 Spring Planting:

* Ginseng Seed: Currently shipping everyday until sold out
* Ginseng Rootlets: Will be offered in Fall
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Follow Harvest Stewardship and always comply with your State Ginseng Rules and Regulations when collecting wild ginseng roots.

TOPIC: Many Tops & Plants That I Buy - This topic is educational

Re:New Tops & Plants Ready for 2013 Season 10 years 11 months ago #22635

I have a surprising large number of Pink Lady slippers growing on my land. They are biennials, so they don't flower every year. They also had a close relationship with certain organisms in the soil which makes them notoriously difficult to cultivate. Feel lucky if you have them around, but if you don't the required symbiosis with soil organisms may make it difficult to transplant to your area. If you start from seed you may have more success. I looked at some maps, and they should be even more prevalent in Ohio than where I live.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:New Tops & Plants Ready for 2013 Season 10 years 11 months ago #22638

Billy that would be awesome thanks!!

Ittiz, thanks for the info. I will keep my eyes peeled a little better and maybe I will see some here in Ohio.
Thanks fellas,
Latt

Re:New Tops & Plants Ready for 2013 Season 10 years 11 months ago #22669

• Billy
  • Billy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
  • Billy Taylor from Bell County Ky
Your Welcome

Latt wrote:

Billy that would be awesome thanks!!

Ittiz, thanks for the info. I will keep my eyes peeled a little better and maybe I will see some here in Ohio.
Thanks fellas,
Latt

Re:New Tops & Plants Ready for 2013 Season 10 years 11 months ago #22670

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Pink Root - The effectiveness of pinkroot against worms, tapeworms and roundworms, was known by the Native Americans, from whom its use was learned by the medical profession. Given in proper dosage and followed by a strong laxative, it was found to be highly effective for both children and adults. A decoction of the fresh rootstock was generally preferred, but the dried powdered rootstock was also commonly used. If the laxative salts (usually epsom salts (magnesium sulphate) is recommended) are not taken immediately after the herb, there can be toxic side-effects, including blurring vision, dizziness, spasms, and palpitations. In large doses there can be depression of both respiration and circulation and possible death from convulsions.This herb is not to be used with out the proper knowldge of dose and preperation.

My personal observatin concerning this plant - I have never found a good patch of these to dig and they are quite the looker to me so untill I find a large area of them I will not be able to give detailed personal informarion concerning the harvest of these,but my friends that bring them to me do very well on these roots and they are one of the better paying roots amoung the small herbs.....I have a couple good diggers that knows where to get these they make from $100.00 to $150.00 a day digging and drying these,and I have had Jim to say he has done better sevral times in big patches of them.
Attachments:

Re:Many Tops Plants & Bark That I Buy 10 years 11 months ago #22680

Billy

Besides Ginseng, which has high demand in China, who are the people who buy these other types of plants? Also have you had any experience with Ghost/Indian Pipe? I've heard it's a sought after plant by herbalists.

Re:Many Tops Plants & Bark That I Buy 10 years 11 months ago #22681

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Ittis besides ginseng - There are Many stores throughout the Us and online stores as this one
www.mountainroseherbs.com/bulkherb/w.php who sell extracts, capsules, herb food combinations and regular herbs.

The people who create the medicine by breaking the dry roots down and processing them and preparing them for the stores such as ths is who I sell many of my products to.I am not at liberty to reveal the names of my contacts.They usaly are not found and 90 o/o of the time they will contact you when you meet them you want even no that they new you and they right away ask you to keep them private as they do not wish to be bothered alot with to many phone calls etc anf they search out dedicated providers who can produce a grade A product and when they believe that they have found the right person/persons then they contact you them selves.It is quite different than any other bussiness I have ever been apart of and even more secrative than the ginseng bussiness.

Hope that helps a ittle

Good question.

Ittiz wrote:

Billy

Besides Ginseng, which has high demand in China, who are the people who buy these other types of plants? Also have you had any experience with Ghost/Indian Pipe? I've heard it's a sought after plant by herbalists.

Re:Many Tops Plants & Bark That I Buy 10 years 11 months ago #22685

Thanks for the info. So basically the herbal medicine folk? Looking at the prices on that site they seem pretty low considering how rare some of the plants are. Though I'm going to guess most of their stuff is cultivated even though it's organic.

Re:Many Tops Plants & Bark That I Buy 10 years 11 months ago #22689

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
I wouldnt no about that sites product that was just an example for you to see they do not buy from me,however that is not low prices actualy...

Ittiz wrote:

Thanks for the info. So basically the herbal medicine folk? Looking at the prices on that site they seem pretty low considering how rare some of the plants are. Though I'm going to guess most of their stuff is cultivated even though it's organic.

Re:Many Tops Plants & Bark That I Buy 10 years 11 months ago #22692

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
?
Attachments:

Re:Many Tops Plants & Bark That I Buy 10 years 11 months ago #22693

• Billy
  • Dealer
  • Dealer
Wild Yam - Contains a chemical, diosgenin, which can be made in the laboratory into various steroids, such as estrogen and dehydroepiandrosterone. The root and the bulb of the plant are used as a source of diosgenin, which is prepared as an “extract,” a liquid that contains concentrated diosgenin.Diosgenin or wild yam is often promoted as a “natural alterative” to estrogen therapy, so you will see it used for estrogen replacement therapy, vaginal dryness in older women, PMS (premenstrual syndrome), menstrual cramps, weak bones (osteoporosis), increasing energy and sexual drive in men and women, and breast enlargement. Wild yam does seem to have some estrogen-like activity, but it is not actually converted into estrogen in the body. It takes a laboratory to do that.

My personal observatin concerning this plant - Wild Yam is usaly plentyful when ou find it.It grows very well in rocy areas and briar thickets.In the same areas that you would exspect to see a rattlesnake that type of terrain is where the Yams thrive.I have done very good digging Yam.We usaly do not harvest Yam untill the later mounths of winter as the vine stands after it has died and the seed has been well sown.A good digger can dig (in a good area)from 65 to 100 pounds in a day and will earn between $60.00 to $100.00 dollors per days work after drying.

One of my personal favorites because I can dig it in the winter mounths.

I have sevral of those that I will share with you all.

Billy.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds

Who's Online

We have 605 guests and no members online

Login